Christmas is a coming, and I’m sure there are many new mummies out there that have been looking forward to the myriad of things that baby’s first Christmas brings.
There are things that I’ve been looking forward to since I found out I was pregnant not long before Christmas last year, and things that I’ve been looking forward to since before even that.
And I’m sure Mrs Lighty isn’t alone in this. So, this is Mrs Lighty’s little list of things that every new parent looks forward to in the run up to baby’s first Christmas:
1. Dressing the baby up in silly outfits.
2. Having Christmas cards printed of the baby in said silly outfits.
3. Baby’s first visit to see Father Christmas, even if they don’t have a clue what’s going on.
4. Baby Christmas parties!
5. Baby Christmas jumpers!
6. Buying garish ‘Baby’s First Christmas’ decorations (or is that just me with my very uncoordinated, non-matchy-matchy memory tree?!).
7. Baby’s first Christmas dinner (assuming baby is at weaning age; otherwise it’s less brussel sprouts and more bottle!).
8. Starting new traditions as a family. We’ve got a Christmas Eve box made by the very talented Father-in-Law Lighty and an Elf ready to do Elf on the Shelf when Baby Lighty is bigger. Well, the elf may have already been getting up to some mischief, courtesy of Mr Lighty…
9. Teaching your baby about your old traditions. The Lightys always treat themselves to a bacon sandwich on Christmas morning, and because Mr Lighty had a stocking for his presents growing up, and Mrs Lighty had a pillowcase, Baby Lighty will be lucky enough to have both!
10. Going out for ‘grown up’ Christmas parties, be they with work or friends. Well every new parent deserves a night off…who says the babies should have all the fun?!
So that’s Mrs Lighty blogging off for Christmas! Thank you to everyone that has supported Mrs Lighty and her little blog over the last four and a half months since its launch, I couldn’t have done it without you all! Wishing all of my family, friends and readers a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2016!